Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Prelude


It has been quite the adventure just preparing to go up to montana. It has been crazy to say the least. Let me inform you of how everything was planned out. Well, I called my brother kevin and told him what I was looking to do. I told him that I really wanted to serve a family in the church and just be a part of it. He told me that alaina's (my sister in law) sister would be moving out there and I could get an apartment with her and her friend. So, I called and everything was set up. I was going to live in an apartment with two girls my age and just work on getting everything together from there.  Everything was looking great. Well, I recently, as in yesterday, called alaina's sister and the door had closed for me to move in. So, there I was, planning to move up to montana with nowhere to live.  I went to church this morning, and Carl, (the pastor) was talking about the power of God and true faith. He spoke about Abraham and his trust in God as well as God's power.  Anyway, carl told a story about God closed a door on him, then opened an even better one. So, I talked to kevin tonight and he said that there is a family in kalispell that has a three story house and a basement that is furnished for living in. Kevin informed the father about my situation, and kevin said "his eyes lit up".  So, after talking to his wife, the couple decided, in less than two hours, that they would love to have me. So, I get to serve a family in the church like I had initially intended and I will be with close friends. So, it's official, Im moving up from the 16th to the 18th. I get to take this road trip with my brother, and I get to start working in new ways. I am excited.

No comments: