Thursday, March 27, 2008

Optimist?

It dawned on me yesterday that I may actually be an optimist. I don't know why I was so surprised, but I was. Well, as most of my revelations come to me, I was in the bathroom when I had this epiphany. Now, if you don't know (which I'm sure you don't) my straightener hasn't been working. One side of it doesn't heat up, while the other side still does. I was sad when I saw this, but my hair has needs, and the straightener would have to suffice. So, I'm standing there straightening my hair and like I always do, I was talking to myself. I was having this conversation about how my straightener isn't working (as if I don't already know). So, all of the sudden I was like, "Yeah, it's hard to straighten my hair with a half broken straightener.", and I was all dumbfounded at the moment. Why did I say "half broken"? Why not just broken? Then I thought, man this must be like a glass half full kind of thing. Now, I know that complete optimist would say half working, but I figure saying its only half broken is more optimistic than saying its completely broken, right? My straightener is not completely broken, but most pessimists would probably say, "Yeah, it's hard to straighten my hair with a broken straightener." So, I was like, woah, dude! I'm an optimist! Which isn't really much of a shocker, but I thought it was kind of cool. Needless to say, I am going to get a new one. I am sad because this one has lasted me a good couple of years without any real harm other than a few split ends.

3 comments:

eric m. said...

wow that was deep. i don't know much about flat irons (straighteners) but i do know that if you buy a good quality one it will last for 5+ years. you want to get a nice ceramic one and i know they are usually a couple hundred dollars or more. the crazy thing is everything i've learned about these strange devices, i've learned from guys with long hair. it's a dark world we live in, elisha.

Heidi Lusko said...

The Chi will turn your hair into silk.
http://www.folica.com/Chi_Flat_I_317_1.html

Elisha said...

the chi will turn me broke.