Friday, September 5, 2008

When Im alone



When I am home alone there are usually a couple things I do. Usually they consist of computer, and... um... thats about it. Tonight was different. Yesterday I purchased an avocado, a head of lettuce, some turkey and some balsamic vinaigrette. I made a sandwich. Tonight, I made a similar sandwich, but tonight when I went to the store I picked up a couple extra items. They include a peach and vanilla bean ice cream, which by the way, I prefer over regular vanilla. So, I made my happy little turkey, avocado, lettuce and balsamic vinaigrette sandwich. The sandwich had more green that anything else, but that's how I like them anyway. After enjoying my sandwich I decided to get right to work. I cut up a banana and my newly purchased and carefully selected peach. I then proceeded to place them in a bowl where I showered them with wonderful little bits of spice (err... sugars) to give them a boost of excitement while they mingled together. The peaches and bananas danced, they tangoed, they waltzed, all while the sugars dressed them. I realized there was something missing. There was no "umf" no "pow." What was I to do? I did what anyone in dyer need of zest would do. I pulled out the lemons. I then squeezed out the succulent juices of the lemons atop the frolicking fruits. Then it was time. I put a small amount of butter into the pan, you know, just for good measure, then I did what was meant to happen from the beginning. I tossed in the fruit. After I allowed them to heat up in romance (I mean deliciousness) I had to turn down the heat. The result was a delicious hot dessert atop fresh vanilla bean ice cream. Yummy

5 comments:

Josh Bowers said...

Elisha, this blog was a little too...risque for me. You need to turn down the sizzle a little bit. By the way, I want some of that dessert.

Mountiangurl2003 said...

Arthur is a bit of a prude. But I think that you need to bring some of that yummy-ness to the Baptism tomorrow!!!!

jennie said...

you've been listening to too much song of solomon.... what kind of pastor teaches that book on a a sunday anyways?? oh yeah, my husband.
you sound like ratatouille too, so keep up the good work on the baking/cooking and word up to the avocado :)

Heidi Lusko said...

I wish you had used the avocado for quacamole like that nice man at the grocery store suggested.

Cupcake Carrie said...

i wish you would cook more when i am home and then share with me!