Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Allergic and Asthmatic...

For those who have any idea about what has been going on in my life, I would like to inform you of a couple things. First of all, as you may know, I have been having a hard time breathing, so I did what any responsible, young adult would do. I put of seeking medical attention until my symptoms progressed to a point where even I thought a doctors attention would be the only thing to solve it. Today I finally went to the doctor. I went into the little yellow room where all my tests were done (there was clown wallpaper on the wall, and not cute clowns, fairly creepy clowns actually) I first took a breathing test and it had all sorts to do with my lungs and math curves and drops and what not. Anyway, then the doctor came in and asked me what was new. So, I didn't really know what to do. Did he mean like in my life or was it more of in a medical kind of way? Anyway, I told him not much then kind shrugged my shoulders. After a moment of weirdness, I told him about my breathing issues and skin flare ups.  After a while he asked me what I did in my spare time. I told him that I helped out at the church and what not. He had never heard of Fresh Life so I informed him of all that business. He left the room and a lady came in to give me an allergy test and nebulizer. The allergy test was awkward and the nebulizer made me nervous so instead of passing out (which I came close to during the blood pressure test) I instead kept my mind on other things such as the instruction manual to assembling the nebulizer. It was quite interesting and although the paper said to throw away the parts that had been used, it also gave cleaning instructions for reuse of those said parts. Long story short, after attacking my back with an allergy test it turns out Im allergic to a lot of weird things which I assume are normal. There are a couple types of mold, a couple types of dust, pigweed and cotton wood, and cats and dogs to an extent. Then the regular doctor came in and had me take another breathing test which proved I am asthmatic, which I knew, but also not taking care of my problems correctly. After the written test, ACT(which I got a 9 on), he told me that normal is getting a 19 or 20. Anyway, now I have to take advair twice a day, I have to take a random allergy pill once a day, I have to use two different types of lotion and change up some of the current conditions I am living in. I go back in a month and I hope to have a speedy recovery. Until then, I guess Im going to try going to bed at a normal hour and get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Not that sleep has anything to do with my medical issues... 

No comments: