Friday, January 9, 2009

Cardboard people with cardboard hearts

Figure A
Figure B
Figure C
Figure D
Figures E and F
Figures G and H, and I and J, and also K

Tori and I were manning (or womanning?) the popcorn during Prince Caspian tonight. During that time we did important things which were as follows:
Sold popcorn
Sold water
Told people that the movie was free
Told people that the money made from the popcorn and water would go to Gospel for Asia
Ate Taco Bell
Sat on the floor
Played ping pong
Watched small bits of the movie
and finally
We drew cardboard people. 
Here is the story of cardboard people who consequently have cardboard hearts.
Figure A was made to be the perfect match for Figure C, but after sometime he realized that Figure B was more his style. They soon fell in love. Unfortunately though, Figure C was left all alone. She ended up being alone the longest. She had a rough time coping. Figure D eventually came a long and swept Figure C off of her not so existent feet. He was made to be her opposite. I think it worked. They fell in love. Figures E and F were made to fall madly in love. Although Figure E looks unsure, he is madly in love with Figure F. Now, this is where it gets complicated. Figure G (the nerdy boy) was made to be alone forever. I figured that he needed someone though, so for him, I created his match. She is complete with braces, head gear, and pig tails. She is Figure H. They are very sweet together. Their love is growing more and more as I write this. Even through the smelly times, their love grows. They are in the garbage, but their love is not. Figure I was made in the likeness of Figure E. He also needed a match. So along came Figure J. She was made to be perfect for him. She was made to give him everything he ever needed in a love. She came with a smile like none other, but similar to his, and a devotion to being there for him. I got sad though. I looked at them together. Maybe it was the pick up line I threw in there, maybe it was just him from the start, but as I looked at their relationship, I just grew sad. I felt like he didn't love her. I felt like they would never work out because he was always wanting someone more like Figure K, "but more feminine." Or at least that is what I told Tori. Anyway, long story short. Figure J is left in a sad relationship with Figure I. Figure I may or may not love her. I suppose I will never know. Figure K is left all alone in the end. 
I have come to realize that cardboard people don't have cardboard hearts unless you give them hearts. This is all my fault. They will never love. Sad face.

4 comments:

jennie said...

wow. i want to know who drew who.

Elisha said...

I drew all the marker people. Tori drew all the blue penned people. Wednesday night, jennie lusko is going down down down. Also, it is a warm apartment. I welcome all homeless people.

jennie said...

hmmm...we'll have to reschedule the night that elisha goes down, since lenya decided to throw up everywhere last night...

Elisha said...

hey, any night, you pick it. I will take you so far down your teeth will hurt. Either that or I will take you so far down that I will feel bad. Or.... you will take me down down down and I will be sad, but happy that I don't have to suffer from sadness of taking you down.