Friday, January 23, 2009

Thing to appreciate


There is something you should know about me. Actually, you don't really need to know it, but it is kind of interesting. I have a tendency to think up my best ideas while in the restroom. This is where I have my revelations, my best thoughts, my most profound notions, and well, just the things that make me proud to be me. I had several of these moments while going to school, but today was different. Today is the first one I've had this year. It doesn't matter what bathroom I am in. It doesn't matter how it looks. It does matter how it smells though. I like it best when it is odorless or like bleach. Anyway, I digress. Today I had a thought. I was at the church and in the restroom when I thought to myself, "We really need to appreciate things more." It was in that moment that I thought, "How fortunate are we to be potty trained?" Seriously, how much of  a bummer would it be if we weren't? We'd wake up every morning with the bed wet, or at least we'd have to find a way to change our own diapers. You know, it's not very often that this thought crosses our minds. Have you ever thought, "What if my parents didn't train me?" Life would be miserable. It would be smelly and sad. I think that we just need to take time to appreciate things in life like this. Seriously though, we do. And yes, I am serious.

3 comments:

Cupcake Carrie said...

LOL!!!! you crack me up. i know you are serious, but you just make me laugh AND think about things that i've never thought of before. i am now so thankful to be potty trained.

Josh Bowers said...

Are you sure that you get your best ideas while you're in the restroom?

Elisha said...

Yes! Hello? Are you there? Did you read my blog?! YES!