Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When Life Happens

Sometimes bad things happen to us. What do you do when bummer things happen to you? I can tell you what I did. First, I stomped my feet and clenched my fists. I yelled at myself, then I got over it. I've been in a surprisingly great mood today. I know that my car won't run. I know that it will cost more to fix than it is worth. I know I'm going to be working this off. I know that I will be sore. I know that everything is going to be okay. I know that I'll look back on this day and remember the things that went down. I think the most exciting thing I will get to remember is how I handled today. I haven't been stressed out. I haven't been upset. I've been having a really great day. Aside from getting in a pretty intense car accident this morning, I have been having a really great day. I feel great, I mean, I'm a little sore and should go see a chiropractor, but I'm doing really well. I was pretending to have a concussion today when I went to work. My co-workers didn't find it too funny, but I guess that's just because they were concerned for me and my cracking jokes was unexpected. Anyway, when life gets you down you just have to get back up.

No comments: