Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thief in the night

Take a good look at this chick. I'm going to tell you all about her.

I have never met this girl, but I believe that we have something in common.


Please allow me to preface this story. When I was in high school I worked at a movie theater. As an employee, I was told I had to park on the side of the building. I was a good employee and followed the rules (for the most part). In El Paso, there always seemed to be cars being broken into at the theater. It was kind of lame, but I didn't really care because it had never happened to me before. Then the day came.

It was a rainy night. Everything was all wet. I made my way to the break room to clock out, grabbed my coat and walked out the door. As I approached my car something just didn't seem right. There was broken glass glistening all over the pavement. It sparkled in my eyes in some sort of beautiful way. Unfortunately what had happened was not beautiful. You see, I have a bad habit of leaving most of my life in my car. I kept my ipod, wallet, cards, coupons, etc all in my car. Well, that's not all that I left in my car. You see, earlier that day I had gone out and bought some granola and dried cranberries.

I made my way to my car and realized that my back window had been smashed in. My first thought was, "Oh garbage! Someone is going to steal my identity!" (Because, you know, who wouldn't jump at a chance to be me.) Well, I realized my door was unlocked so I immediately checked to make sure my stuff hadn't been stolen. To my luck they left all of my cards and my ipod as well. Seriously, a great thing. The thief only stole two things from me that night. At the end of the night I was more upset that they had broken my window. I wish they would have just asked me to open the door. I would have done it.

What did they steal? Well, the first thing they stole was my converse shoe box that held my granola and cranberries. I was actually kind of happy they stole that. I could just imagine this thief running away thinking that they had a new pair of cons, just to get to their lofty lair and realize that they did not in fact steal shoes, but rather home made trail mix. (and it wasn't even a great trail mix either.) That was kind of nice for me to think about. Oh the look on their face. I hope they remember that day.

The second thing they stole was my favorite jacket. It was a brown, pinstriped, Empyre hoodie. Seriously, it was one of the coolest hoodies I have ever owned. It was like a special material. I'm pretty sure it was made with love, but one can never be too sure. Well, I went through the rest of my high school years without the jacket and it was seriously a sore subject to bring up. I brought it up a lot.


Yesterday I was at the store. I turned around and saw this girl. From the moment I saw her I knew that it was her. Is it likely that she is the one who stole my jacket? No, but it sure is a possibility. Major bummed. So many sad feeling emerged to the surface. I just felt like crying in the store. I followed her around the store for a little while, then as I was leaving she was as well. I snapped a shot of her and said, "Oh, the sunset is so pretty." as to not look suspicious.

Now I am here. I am saddened that I am without hoodie. She is a lucky girl. I am not so much.


Disheartened,

Elisha

No comments: