Friday, November 13, 2009

Got milk?

Last night I came upon a sad, sad sight. I wanted to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner, but it came to my attention that our house lacked milk. Normally, in this situation, I would pour the cereal to later discover our milk shortage, but that was not the case on this night. I put the cereal away, but kevin did not care. He wasn't moved by the lack of milk. Instead he just ate a fairly large bowl of cereal ... without the milk. It was sad. However, what made the whole situation even more depressing was that Alaina also poured herself a bowl of dairy free cereal and ate it. Seriously, I have never felt more disheartened about the lack of milk in our household.

2 comments:

eric m. said...

When I was a kid this happened sometimes. My mom prepared for such occassions by having a supply of powdered milk available. It is gross to drink by the glass (especialy at room temperature), but with sugary cereal it's not that bad. Just a thought.

Actually I think for a while we had powdered milk a lot because we were poor and my parents were too proud to get government help.

Anonymous said...

Actually, we would mix our milk with powdered milk, to double the quantity. It was not bad at all.