Saturday, November 21, 2009

A squirrel could never be so happy

When I was going to school at Baylor I would hang around the bible building a lot. There was a nice tree swing and a bunch of nice little grass patches. There was also a nice little squirrel. One of my favorite things to do was follow this squirrel around. For the record, I kept my distance. I had experienced one too many squirrel fights. I had witnessed one too many squirrels fall out of tree. I had seen nuts flying across the courtyard one too many times. So, I did what I loved. I would watch him bury his nut, then I would go, dig it up and bury it in a new location. My mom said that once the squirrel population became extinct, I would know that I contributed to it.

Moving along, there comes a time in every small squirrels life where the dream of swimming in a poll of nuts crosses their mind. Well, although I don't think that what I saw at the store was very sanitary, I must say that this little guy is probably enjoying the most pleasing experience of his life. He has been named. His name is Curtis. Eat away Curtis, eat away.

PS! I can't believe he posed and smiled for me!

3 comments:

Garren and Jayne said...

So you must love Hammy.
The squirrel by our house is named Rockstar. He actually goes all over... Mabelle and Kricket see him in Kalispell sometimes.
~Jayne (all blogs go to heaven)

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?