Sunday, August 1, 2010

Because it was exhilarating

I wrote this blog in the summer of 2007. I liked it so much I decided to post it here.

"So, the other day Andrea and I were at the mall walking through the food court. She was talking on my phone to some people at work and I, I was walking next to her.

Well, what can I say other than, are you ready to hear a story of love, happiness, emotion, and freedom? If you're not, then please, take this time to prepare.

As I was saying, we were walking through the mall. I heard from afar the sounds of a cow bell. Normally, Im sure not many make a big deal of this cow bell, and normally, neither would I. But it was that day, and it was that moment in time where, where I felt I needed to let myself free.

As we walked nearer and nearer to chick fil a, and as the sound of the cow bell rang louder and louder in my ears, I could feel this overwhelming emotion taking over me. Then, I saw him.

It was a cow, but not just any cow, it was the chick fil a cow. It was a cow so happy, and so jolly, and well, just ringing his cow bell in hopes of getting those ever so judgemental mall goers to try, just try a sample of his product. He wanted to show these people how we really should eat more chicken. Unforunately, these mall people were harsh and paid little attention to his bell ringing and passion. I however, I was different.

As we approached him, I felt it. I felt the calling. I felt the need. So I did it, and perhaps nobody had before me, but I did it, and I am proud.

I danced. (and if you know me, you know my dance skillz are off the heezey fo'sheezey)

I danced with the chick fil a cow. I moved back and forth, moved up and down, and yeah, perhaps at first the cow was a bit frightened, but then he joined me. He danced. He rung his bell to a beat, he moved up and down, shook side to side, wiggled just as I did. Then it came, I did a spin, and I danced in my spin, and the cow spun with me, and as I spun, I saw a woman and her child watching, the woman was pointing and smiling and the child seemingly happy too. And I felt fulfilled.

I finished my little show and gave the cow a high five. And as I walked away, I could not turn down the free lemonade sample.

Andrea soon noticed that I was not in fact only right behind her, but rather quite far behind dancing with a cow, and said to Brenda who was on the phone, "Oh my gosh, Elisha is dancing with a cow."

Anyway, that whole experience left me feeling so happy. It was such a strange emotion, like I didnt care if the entire mall saw me dancing with a cow because dancing with the cow is what made me happy. It felt almost as if it were an out of body experience. I had been set free and let go. And even though it had only been for a short moment in time, it was a moment that just seemed suspended in time."

No comments: