Sunday, April 3, 2011

To Acknowledge:

Over the last few weeks the following thoughts have consumed so much of my mind and impacted so many of my actions.

To acknowledge something: What does that even mean? Is it just to recognize it? Is it just to see something? What does it even mean to acknowledge something?

DEFINITION TIME:

1. to recognize the rights, authority, or status of
2. to disclose knowledge of or agreement with
3. to express gratitude of
to take notice of
to make known the receipt of
4. to recognize as genuine or valid

So, now that we've covered how Merriam-Webster defines "acknowledge" I can get into the real reason why I'm writing.

One verse: Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths. -NKJV

It's that word, "acknowledge." That one word, so simple, just sitting there, has made so much of a difference in my life. It's a command. A call to action.

To me, that verse says the following:
In all your ways recognize the rights, authority, or status of Him.
In all your ways disclose knowledge of or agreement with Him.
In all your ways express gratitude of Him.
In all your ways take notice of Him.
In all your ways make known the receipt of Him.
In all your ways recognize as genuine or valid Him.

So when you think, I acknowledge Him in all my ways, make sure you are following through will all that comes along with acknowledging him. He has authority over your life, power over your situation. Agree with Him, because he knows what's best. Express your gratitude for Him. Take notice of Him in everything. Most powerfully, make known the receipt of Him! Finally, recognize his truth.

Then... He shall direct your paths. It's not, "He might direct your paths." It's not, "He'll consider your issues." It is that He shall direct your paths.

So acknowledge Him in all your ways.

I LOVE IT.

Every little worry of mine, every issue that I feel is huge, every problem I come across; it all just seems so small when I acknowledge Him. This verse has brought me immense amounts of peace this week and I genuinely, from the depths of my heart, hope it does the same for you.



No comments: