Friday, April 29, 2011

Two Two

It turns out that I just turned 22. I don't know how I feel about that. I've been telling people for months that I'm 22, so it's not really a new feeling.
So instead of talking about how different 22 has been, I think I just want to sum up some stuff.

19. I hated 19. I felt lonely and was totally bummed.

20. Fan-freaking-tastic! If I could sum up being 2o, I would say that I felt more of a sense of calling and contentment than ever before.

21. Continuing in that calling and sense of contentment... add a whole lot of wisdom. Like so much more wisdom than I've ever experienced in my life. In addition to feeling like I grown in wisdom, I definitely have spent a lot of time on my knees recognizing the smallness of me and the HUGENESS of HIM. When I put into perspective how great He is, I realize not only how small I am, but how small my biggest issues are. Nothing is too big for Jesus. Praise the Lord.

By no means am I wise. I am like a skull filled with jelly beans. That's about how wise I am, but that's wiser than I was last year. I think last year I was a skull filled with Necco candies... not good. But seriously, in the last year I feel like I've been able to apply so much of what God has taught me. If I could explain it, I would, but like I said, I'm not all that wise... but I am wiser than I was last year.

22. I look forward to whatever 22 has in store for me. Each year it's so exciting to look back and see how much I've grown. When I'm 23 I hope that I can look back on 22 and say, "dang, you grew so much that year."

And since I'm 22, let's move on into Psalm 22.

I must admit, Psalm 20 was a great psalm. Definitely a happy and uplifting one... you know, with verses like "May he grant your hearts desires and fulfill your plans (20:4)"

21 was awesome as well, "Be exalted, Oh Lord, in your strength! We will sing and praise your power. (21:13)"

So naturally as I move on two Psalm 22 and read, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (22:1)" I don't exactly feel encouraged. HOWEVER, I KNOW that God is good and I KNOW that God is SOVEREIGN and I KNOW that there is nothing that will come my way that I cannot handle without Him. The Psalm, though it seems so sad and filled with hardship all I read in it is hope. Christ is hope. He is strength. He is power. So whether 22 is a breeze or whether is it filled with it's challenges, I know my God is my strength. I know my God is my salvation*, my redemption, my hope. Nothing is too hard for Him. Nothing is too great. So I can say,

"When your people meet,
you will fill my heart
with your praises, Lord,
and everyone will see me
keep my promises to you. (22:25)"

That's it guys. Love to you.


*My God is my salvation: Elisha- My name - it was kind of an accident. From the stories I've heard, my parents wanted to give me a biblical name, opened up the good word of God and threw their fingers down on Elisha. I don't think I could have asked for a better name. From what I've read, the meaning behind the name is "My God is my salvation." How could any other name possibly sum up the entire purpose of my life. My name, my being, my existence... it is about God, my salvation.

No comments: