Friday, May 6, 2011

I Made a List

I turned 22. I know, blah, blah, blah.

I'm the kind of person that makes lists. I make them. I break them. I love them. Without lists I wouldn't do anything. So naturally, when I turned 22 I decided to make a list of things to accomplish this year.
My list is small and somewhat incomplete, but feel free to look at it all you want.

1. Know Jesus better: Always a priority.... always. Hopefully by the end of this year I can say I know Jesus better than I did last year.

2. Take a college course: I want to take something for fun. I have no idea what it will be. Philosophy? Photography? It will not be biology. It will not be calculus. I just want to take a class I want to take.

3. Memorize a chapter of the Bible: I have no idea what chapter it will be, but I want it to actually be a challenge. Someone suggested Psalm 119. I genuinely don't think I could get that down in a year. Suggestions? I am so open to suggestions.

4. Read a book each month: Maybe you were around when I took up the challenge to read a book a week for six weeks. Well, I haven't read many books since then, so I'm going to get back into the groove of reading. It's a simple challenge, but I look forward to it. Suggestions on books? I am open to suggestions.

5. Go to Texas: This is so done. I have the date picked. I just need the ticket. Nothing fills my heart with more joy than being able to visit Texas for the wedding of my sweet, sweet friend Alexa. I am so, so excited for her!

6. Photograph more strangers: This is pretty self-explanatory. I'm not the type of person that just approaches strangers. I am not that bold. Well, I am if I'm in a different city. I am if I'm never going to see them again. What's wrong with me? I need to take more pictures of strangers.

7. Cook or bake something creative once a month: I've recently taken a liking to the more delicious things in life... like cooking... and baking. I want to put this into action. I want to make carrot cake. I want to make pastries. I want to cook things I've never cooked before. I am SO excited to try new things in the kitchen!

8. Run a 10k: Here's the deal, 5k's are easy. I don't think I've ever run more than six miles at a time... and if I did I was in high school. So, it's on the list. I have until next April to figure it out.

So let me know what you think and give me advice on suggestions for fun classes or books!

2 comments:

Josh Bowers said...

Great blog! I would recommend for books "Great Divorce" by CS Lewis if you haven't already read it. Also, "Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray. It's one of the best books I've ever read. It changed my life and help shape the course of it.

Anonymous said...

good luck with your list. my only suggestion is to read 'skinny legs and all' by Tom Robbins