Monday, May 9, 2011

The Worst Thing in the World


If there is one thing I hate, it is what I am about to write about.

My brain, my emotions, my body CANNOT handle too much good music at once! I HATE when I get a FANTASTIC album, listen to it for a day, fall in love with it, then get another equally FANTASTIC album! How can I put this in terms you would understand?

I feel like I started this amazing relationship with Beach House this weekend. The dreamy pop sent me into whimsical sleeping states and had me coming back for more... and more... and more... and more. Beach House is a true love... love that I can't get enough of.

THEN

Out of nowhere comes Lykke Li. Where have I been!? Living under a rock!? I've left my weekend fling, Beach House, for something newer... for something not necessarily better, just something different.

My heart and soul are so conflicted. Whom do I love more? Whom do I spend more time with? Whom shall receive the bulk of my affections? Not even I know.

All that I know is that Lykke Li will keep me company tonight as I lose sleep over this issue.

There is nothing worse than being in love with two albums and not knowing which to pick...
Oh young love.... you slay me.

Oh, to lose sleep over things that love me not.
Oh, my love is unrequited.

Also, these albums are great:
Beach House: Teen Dream
Lykke Li: Wounded Rhymes

4 comments:

Tyler Joseph Thorney said...

I feel the same way when 3 fantastic videogames come out in the same month

Anonymous said...

Elisha Lynn,
You are ridiculous.
I love you.

Goose Flabson said...

I wish I knew you.

Elisha said...

Tyler... AMEN!
Anonymous.. Andrea?! Carrie?! Abby?! I LOVE YOU! Let's bake at your house?
Goose... then do!