Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh my heart.

Very rarely will I give you insight to what I write for myself. Tonight you get a glimpse.

"I wholeheartedly believe God has given me the gift of faith. I believe in BIG things for his glory. By FAITH I know God will bring GREAT things to me for his glory. By FAITH I trust that he will do MARVELOUS works through my life for his glory. But I am still human. I know doubt. I am all too familiar with fear. I understand insecurity. But I KNOW the power of God. So when I read that his power made the earth, that his wisdom established the world, that his understanding stretched out the heavens, that the utterance of his voice creates a tumult of waters in the heavens, that he makes mists rise from the ends of the earth, that he makes lighting for the rain and that he brings forth the wind from his storehouses, I am reminded of how great my God is (Jer. 10:12-14). His power is greater than my fears. His power is greater than my doubts. His power is greater than my insecurities. His power is what conquers death, so his power is enough for me and that's the only thing I need to know. That's what I put my faith in. I put my faith in his power. Not what I gain from him, not what he has to offer me, not what potential he has for me, not what I have to offer him, but I put my faith in his power which holds victory over death."

"Oh heart of mine,
Cry out to God today.
Be strong in his hope.
Find joy in his glory.
Draw near to him.
For he is good.
For he is holy.
For he is love.
For he is enough.
Oh soul of mine,
Seek out your father this night.
Find truth in his word.
Draw near to him.
For he is good.
For he is holy.
For he is love.
For he is enough.
Because he has called you
and you are his forever."

No comments: